Scratchbuilt papercraft dreadnought, painted up in the Black Templars livery and posed on a swampy base made of of natural material and epoxy resin.
I had a good play with OSL on this one, trying to imitate the way the strong searchlight would light up both the swamp & tree stump, and the torn cloth of the ork that is trying to get away.
Step by step (Steps 1 thru 5 of 5)
These are the posts I made during the making of this project, in chronological order
These last few weeks, and especially the last few days, have been pretty draining, I've found it hard to do more than just sit around. [...Read More]
I added a first lighting pass using white ink over black primer, and then glazed in some color with the airbrush, trying to see if [...Read More]
I painted the shoulders a bone white then washed with Payne's gray ink, to make it colder and look like the dread is walking around [...Read More]
Been working on the dread for the last couple of days, adding some iconography and trying to refine the OSL. I also added some green [...Read More]