Constructing the tank tracks
Here is the tank track construction I mentioned. I used Eli's tracks as a template, and glued the pieces to a piece of paper that I later glued to a thicker cardboard piece, for making the mold.
Keep in mind: at this point, I had no idea whether this was going to work! So I tried to keep the shapes basic, to (a) save my fingers (b) save my patience and © manage my expectations.
After gluing everything together, I primed it with black rattle-can primer, then varnished it with some minwax. I'll get into why I did this in the next update, where I show my mold-making process.