"Somebody must have bagged one of Ripley's bad guys"
The project start in August 2020, and I finished it in September 2021. Construction went fairly quickly, including the sculpted marine and xenomorph. But painting took a lot longer. I had in my head a vision of the contrasts of warm/cool, light and dark that I wanted to show, but the colors I had on there just never came together until now. Very happy with the end result.
Step by step (Steps 1 thru 9 of 9)
These are the posts I made during the making of this project, in chronological order
I've been sculpting something else over the last week or so: it will be an Aliens-based diorama, here are some wip shots: I guess I [...Read More]
Here is an update on the aliens diorama: I'm finished with the sculpts, I can now focus on the layout of the scene. As you [...Read More]
Here is an update on the Aliens diorama. I'm really trying to go for that hive infested industrial setting. [...Read More]
There's no egg in this alien diorama. Unless of course, you turn it around… _ [...Read More]
So I took the black primer + white ink and had a blast (pun intended) Here is the aliens diorama, with some different angles and [...Read More]
I've decided to spend some time to finish up the Aliens diorama. With construction done, it needs a lot of work on the paint job. [...Read More]
Checking my usage of values and contrasts on the Aliens diorama. Right now the warm / cool mix is where I want it, since everything [...Read More]